Shooting Stars SC has apologized to a reporter, Tobi Adepoju, who was attacked by the club’s fans after a 1-1 draw with Remo Stars FC at Lekan Salami Stadium on Wednesday.
The apology comes after the party’s Media Officer, Tosin Omojola, who appeared on a radio station in Ibadan, reportedly revealed that if the journalist had been killed there would have been no result.
In a statement signed by 3SC Executive Chairman Babatunde Olaniyan, the club said Omojola’s statement was his opinion and not the party’s.
The Oluyole Warriors also apologized to Adepoju for the attack and said they would investigate the incident and a statement given to the Media Officer.
“Managers drew attention to a statement sent to the Club’s Chief Information Officer, Mr Tosin Omojola, during an interview on a popular radio program on Thursday morning.
“The club’s management would like to say that the statements he made were his own and do not represent the club’s position in connection with the incident on Wednesday, June 1, 2022, after the 3SC match against the club. Remo stars. The party will not support any statement, comment or opinion that is usually violent or endangering the lives of others.
“The party regrets the unfortunate attack on Mr Tobi Adepoju and strongly condemns it.
“Mr Omojola, as the Club’s Media Officer for the past three years, has done his job with the utmost professionalism and generosity with his trained colleagues. We are surprised though by this reported outbreak.
“However, the Club will also investigate and deal with all matters relating to the attack and the statement issued to the Media Officer, using our internal procedures,” the statement read.