Advertising

Ondo attack: We’re ready to defend ourselves – Ooni

Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has condemned the horrific attacks on worshipers of the Catholic Church St. Francis, Owa-luwa, Owo, Ondo State.

The massacre on Sunday Sunday left more than 35 people dead and many injured.

Advertising

An infected video posted online shows some of the worshipers killed in their pool of blood.

In a statement posted on its Instagram page on Monday, the king said in a statement that despite the peaceful nature of the Yoruba people, they were able and willing to defend themselves against foreign invaders.

Advertising

Oba Adeyeye also condemned the terrorist attacks and called on the South West rulers to fulfill their vows to ensure the safety of the lives of their citizens.

The statement read in part, “What happened yesterday was a horrific massacre aimed at turning Yorubaland into a war zone. However, we, the descendants of Oduduwa, though peace-loving, cannot be filled with our own houses, unmistakably, strong and ready and ready to defend ourselves from all outside invaders.

“We should all be reminded that yesterday was one year when a guerrilla group killed at least 20 people in Igangan, Ibarapa North in the local government of Oyo State on Saturday night, leaving several houses, including the palace. Asiganga was burnt to death in the incident, with people asleep. Certainly last year!

Advertising

“If disasters like these happen to us without a single clue, the implication is that the intelligence service in our country is either at fault or not at all.

“I urge the six governors of the South West region and their national brothers and the President, the late Major General Muhammadu Buhari, led by the State Government, to fulfill their vows to protect the people of Nigeria and ensure the security of all citizens. Regardless of age, gender, religion or race.”

Ooni also pointed out that negotiations with traditional rulers and rulers throughout the Southwest were ongoing to promote “strong strategies for the protection of our people.”

Advertising

“To my brother, Olowo of Owo, Oba Ajibade Gbadegesin Ogunoye III, and to the whole Owo kingdom, to Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, to the Ondo State Government, to the people of Owo, to the priest and parishioners of St. John’s Catholic Church. , Owa-luwa, Owo, to the families of all the victims, and to all the people of Ondo State, it is my prayer that Olodumare comforts you all and gives you peace in this trying time, ”he said.

Advertising

2 thoughts on “Ondo attack: We’re ready to defend ourselves – Ooni”

  1. Pingback: native smokes

Leave a Comment