All Progressives Congress presidents from the South East have written to the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari, to allow the South-East to produce a candidate for the party’s next president.
In a copy of the letter received by our correspondent on Tuesday, the petitioners urged Buhari to intervene during the meeting to “get proper guidance”.
The letter was signed by Ikeobasi Mokelu, former Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu; state for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi, and Mrs. Ken Uju-Ohanenye.
Senator Rochas Okorocha was included in the list of signers but did not include his signature.
Read the full book:
We are signed below, wishing to be in the Presidency on behalf of our APC party. write praising your leadership as the father of our country and our team.
2. We also commend your unwavering approval of the position of 14 Progressive Governors from Northern Nigeria, to ensure that your successor is elected in the southern part of Nigeria. We also commend the governors for this state of patriotism and unity. Standing together – Our diversity in diversity has become a gathering place for all patriots.
3. Your Honor. We sincerely request that this position of the brothers of the North be deepened and made better by designing this position to the South-East.
4. We all know that no President can emerge without the support of various geopolitical areas and without the clear cooperation of our brothers and sisters from other parts of Nigeria.
5 As our Conference draws to a close, your gracious command for the deepening of diversity, inspired by our founding fathers only on the basis of strengthening national unity and solidarity and reviving victory in the 2023 elections are the stated goals in your speech to the organization. Ongoing governors forum, APC dinner dinner and APC stakeholder meeting.
6. In addition. We humbly request that you consider and select a candidate of your choice for those who want to enter the South-East in accordance with your stated objectives of providing loyal trustees.
7. We humbly seek the intervention of your Honor quickly and kindly so that the party delegates can take the appropriate direction.
8. Please accept as usual. our continued loyalty and guarantees of our respect and obedience to any candidate Your Excellency deems fit and appropriate to consider him or her as a member of the team.